Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2021, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No I’m not. I’m a fresh grad currently drawing close to 5k (and I assume I would hit upwards of 6k after 2 years). But come on, complaining about survival and “money no enough” are two different things. Anyway, just wanted to throw out a piece of advice - money will never be enough. You’ll be extremely unhappy if you are constantly comparing. There will always be someone who will be earning more than you out there. Define what matters to you and don’t chase after money blindly. As someone who struggled with purpose and fell into the trap of incessant comparing in the past, I learned it the hard way that money isn’t everything. After a certain threshold (obviously not 5k, but you’ll easily hit 10k & up as you continue on with a similar trajectory), you’d value other things in life such as WLB, flexibility etc. Novelty (be it $/a higher status) wears off eventually.
Not the original poster. Nonetheless, agree with the latter part of your post that there will come a point in time where beyond a certain threshold, the marginal utility/satisfaction you get for each dollar you earn just plateau which is a lesson to all of us to embrace and cherish life, friendships and happiness while we're in the midst of pursuits for higher financial gains.

Anyways on the discussion of the guy with 5k+ after 2 years, like the previous poster mentioned, doubt it's intended to be taken literally and while the language may have rub off the wrong message to some people, there's no point brooding over it especially when used in the context of Salary.sg, an anonymous forum where practically everyone seems to be "making big bucks and flaunting their salaries" and the notion of "being sensitive to the marginalised/underprivileged society" is not so much prevalent or the focus here. Not that I am advocating we shouldn't (of course we should!) but hey the forum would not have been named "Salary.sg" otherwise.

Great work on your starting salary and projected growth in 2 years!