Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Graduated from sim uol in 2013 and started my career in the banking industry.

2013-2015 in US private bank :in ops headcount but a support function sitting with FO (main reason why I’m hired into my 2019 role) and was drawing 3k, pathetic increment to 3.1k even after 2.5yrs service
2015-2019: hopped to another US private banking. Pure ops role sitting in changi earning 3.8k-4.2k
2019: hopped to local private bank FO role, a very junior advisory role with no sales target..
Started 5.3k (total com ard 95k)and got adjusted to 7k recently.

I was lucky that my first hiring mgr was a private uni grad so no discrimination, 2nd hiring mgr was local uni grad but doesn’t believe that ops role needs a local degree. My current hiring mgr no longer look at my degree.

My advice is, find a role that gives u many learning opportunities and apply for a junior FO role but don’t be like me stayed in ops for 6yrs before I decided that’s enough. And I’m not suggesting being in FO is a definition of success. I know of people who go into banking ops and just getting by each day and I know people with strong leadership skill climb up the ops mgmt. it all boils down to your character and how determined you are.
Great advice and sharing.
I graduated around same time as you. All the best.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app