Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Graduated from sim uol in 2013 and started my career in the banking industry.

2013-2015 in US private bank :in ops headcount but a support function sitting with FO (main reason why I’m hired into my 2019 role) and was drawing 3k, pathetic increment to 3.1k even after 2.5yrs service
2015-2019: hopped to another US private banking. Pure ops role sitting in changi earning 3.8k-4.2k
2019: hopped to local private bank FO role, a very junior advisory role with no sales target..
Started 5.3k (total com ard 95k)and got adjusted to 7k recently.

I was lucky that my first hiring mgr was a private uni grad so no discrimination, 2nd hiring mgr was local uni grad but doesn’t believe that ops role needs a local degree. My current hiring mgr no longer look at my degree.

My advice is, find a role that gives u many learning opportunities and apply for a junior FO role but don’t be like me stayed in ops for 6yrs before I decided that’s enough. And I’m not suggesting being in FO is a definition of success. I know of people who go into banking ops and just getting by each day and I know people with strong leadership skill climb up the ops mgmt. it all boils down to your character and how determined you are.