Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Powergrid engineer!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Bean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My advice is not be silly and join the company.. i spent half a decade there as an engineer.. i finally left because the pay increment every year is just pathetic... barely can keep up with inflation... The pay so low but everyday have to go into hot and stuffy substation.. we often have to work late into the night carrying out maintenance and repair... When you are tired, it can be easy to commit irreversible mistakes.. Either causing injury to yourself or contractors working with you... It can get very stressful during power blackout or other crisis when you can't seem to locate the problem.. Bosses all breathing down your neck... Insane!!! Why do you want to subject yourself to such a unrewarding profession that doesn't pay???!! There's no future.. If you have just graduated with an electrical engineering degree and is considering to dedicate your live to the power engineering industry in singapore.. You will be very silly and naive to think that there is big money in the job.... There is little to no reward and you will hit a very low income celling... Eventually you'll see all your friends nicely-dressed, working in their air-conditioned offices in CBD overtake you in salary while you live in poverty and repairing your power cables and transformers... Insane!!!
have to agree with you.

all engineer be it from singapore power grid or ST engineering, the annual increment sux big time(it is the same for promotional increment)....only abt $100-$140 annual increment if you are a degree holder with a basic pay of between 3-4k/mth

I had friend, with 3.5k starting pay as fresh grad in financial sector, after 1 year got 1k for just annual increment at 28% to 4.5k.....