Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why don’t you move then? So many have done it already.
Agree with you but I also sympathise with OP... it’s easier said than done. If you’re not from a Big 4 firm/international firm and you’re not in a corporate practice, your chances are significantly lesser. If you’re looking to be paid big bucks ie USD205K- ish at a US firm in London, competition is even stiffer because you’re competing against candidates in the UK for limited positions. Also, not all US firms pay the £ equivalent of USD205K and those that do have limited roles available and tend to laterally recruit from MC firms.. Interview process is also way more gruelling than anything you’ll come across in Singapore. Think rapid fire interrogation style. For eg the final round for a lateral hire for Latham in London can be 2h 30 mins of back to back interviews where you meet 5 partners and 5 associates in five 30 min blocks of time..

That being said, if OP is interested I think no harm trying. After all, you never know if you don’t try, especially since the lateral market quite hot now.. I guess better than feeling miserable slogging it out everyday at a Big 4 firm? Be prepared though, US firms have billing requirements that range from 1800-2150. If you’re billing that much at a Big 4 firm already, then definitely start looking elsewhere.