Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Regarding foreign talent.. not as bad as you think. Most hiring managers of the bigger MNCs / Banks are given head count to hire and pay range as per dictated by HR.

To the hiring manager, they dont really care about what pay they offer you, as long as it is within the HR approved payscale. They have a slot to fill up and what affects most is that they hire the right person. More often, its is a matter of likeability and ability to learn. At junior role, everyone expects the need to teach the new hire.

Put yourself in the shoes of a hiring manager given a headcount and a budget. If I was the manager, I won't care much of the budget (since it doesnt affect me how much I pay the new hire), infact I will pay at the top of the budget to make sure I get enough "choices" to select the best candidate. So the foreigner willing to accept lower pay than SG may not necessarily get the job.

Speaking from first hand experience since now my boss task me to hire fresh grads.

Actually, from a longstanding point of view, I really don't understand why people are commenting foreign talents are competing with local grads, espeically when most HR managers are not allowed to hire too much foreign ones.

In fact, local grads are so much protected.

I've been hearing too much complaints, and mostly unduly ones that their rice bowls are taken away from foreigners, etc. Where got such thing?

Your statement reinforces my thought.