Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

You are lucky to have been a banker in the good old days. Hearing stories just like yours, I had joined banking as well. Was from one of the top JCs in SG, got a place to study law at NUS but switched to finance, thinking that I can make alot of money and retire early to do "meaningful" things with my life.

Now, I'm stucked doing 14 hour days at a BB. Reading news that the bank is going to cut XXXX staff.

Base pay is still decent but gone are the days of the 6 figure bonuses. I am silently upset with my seniors who joined the bank 3-4 years before me. At least they had a taste of the "glory" days.

Now, no more 13 months bonus but rather 13th month. The **** thing is that whenever we have classmate gatherings, people still think that bankers earn alot of money!

How times have changed! Definitely won;t be able to retire by 45 at the rate I'm going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
since you've been an actual banker, maybe you can do some good here by giving good advice on how to get into the banking industry and quickly make enough to retire at 40?

thanks in advance and appreciate your kind advice.