Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2021, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For me, after one week, hr contacted with intention to proceed, ie. Get pay slip to work out offer.
Actual offer will take a few weeks more.

I think can give it 3 weeks before you call it a day.
Hi I would like to give my input and then ask a question.

For many stat boards and Ministries, they will get in touch with you (i.e. to tell you that the panel finds you suitable and will thus proceed with the admin bit) typically the day after the final interview. There are some outliers.

Here are some of my experiences (as well as my friend's) 2 years ago:
- MOM: HR called me 2 hours after my final interview.
- ESG: HR called the next day
- URA: HR called the next day
- MOE (non-teaching): HR called the next day. But I wasn't offered the job in the end and I am not sure why ...
- MHA (HASE under one of the HTDs): they sent me an email asking for more documents and referral details 8 calendar days after the final interview.

Now, I am applying for a position with MCCY. My current contract with another Ministry is expiring.

Abit of background - I had worked closely with MCCY (and also, that particular department that I am applying to) in my current portfolio (another public agency). So I know the interviewers - some of them anyway. HR did not tell me the number of interview rounds to expect.

The panel interview had SD in it, so I suspect that its the only interview round. Nonetheless, I am not sure if the interview went well. I sent a follow-up thank you note to all the interviewers, and to my pleasant surprise one of the interviewers actually replied (and no his reply was not the patronizing "oh thanks for your email, will get back to you soon" kind). That was in the middle of July.

I have not heard any news since then. It has been 10 calendar days since the interview. HR or the interviewers did not give me a rough timeline to expect too.

Should I drop them an email? Does MCCY take long to get back to applicants? I am trying to temper my hopes. In the meantime, I am applying to other jobs lah hahah but I really enjoyed that particular department's work.