Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2021, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, thanks for the insight, yes, I am a scholar, will be bonded for quite a number of years. you hit the nail on the head exactly. I have seniors who have been working quite awhile in the public sector (they are former scholars as well). I think it's a clear consensus about the workload and the pay. Personally, I don't see myself progressing far in the public sector even if i take up courses using my own money and etc. Also, i feel that healthcare workers are just treated as if they are like a tool in a clockwork, being replaceable and not valued added or treasured by the organisation. I dont think its the kind of job where "hard work" = more monetary incentive/promotion, especially where there is bureaucracy and politics involved.

The recent pay increment is a joke, imo, its just compensating for the inflation that's happening.
Actually don think about it as a scholar.. just think about it as a sponsorship award to study and have an iron bowl job for 6 years..

most of my friend who gotten the MOHH award or scholarship is no diff after working in the hospitals... only a few lucky one went to HPB to work