Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I am not called back after the Mindef P test, what does it mean? I am not smart enough by Mindef standard? Would really hope to have some feedback actually on where I failed in the P test.
to share my observations when I took the P test some years ago when all the candidates took the test together in a room. not many completed the test before the time limit and many I observed was struggling.

not to brag or anything, I completed the test quite easily, especially on the 'pattern' test and observed many to struggle. I'm just a local pass degree holder so I'm sure I'm probably one of the worst 'academically' inclined there. so what i infer is that mindef standards are different. which makes sense cause a pass degree in engineering might not be worst off than a humanities graduate who has FCH due to the nature of the degree. hence the P test.

i got into mindef in the end. but i didnt get to see my results also. But what i heard is that its graded on a curve, meaning your percentile rank amongst all takers. not an absolute score. From what i know, if you met their P standard, they will inform you and tell you that your results is favorable, just that the position if filled up and you can apply other posts. for me, i went for the 1st interview for one post and was not selected, but using my same P results, i was able to apply to another post months later without retaking the P test again.