Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

In my previous firm, the boss told all VPs to either invest in a decent car, or use the company car on official visits, for the reasons you have outlined below. Hence when I change to my current firm, I had the impression I had to at least match the status of my colleagues (eventhough I didnt have much savings... I was pressured to buy a better car)

My current boss is a Malaysian, with a very different mindset. He is well liked by clients who find him down to earth and not showy like the other investment bankers. He drives a Honda . Although we also have our official company cars/ drivers.

The VPs / Exec Directors under him all drive all those flashy cars though. Difference in mindset and the way he choose to spend his money I guess. Deserves some form of respect in my humble opinion. or maybe his son/wife drives his merc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He is being very disrespectful to the company as well as clients who he may need to pick up from the airport or give a lift to.

The difference between a Honda and an entry level Mercedes E Class is not that great for someone earning "S$1-2milliona year".

What sort of image is his trying to project? That your company's margins are very low so customers please don't squeeze us? In that case his should mandate that all employees drive Hondas and below to project a consistent corporate image.