Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
My dear friend, dont worry, you are the only honest chap here, alot of the clowns here are bull-shitters....grossly inflating their wealth to make themselves appear good.....silly losers
I make 200k a year, am in my mid 30s, am still servicing my housing loan of 400k plus. I have cash balances of around 250k, but if I were to pay up my housing loan fully now, I would have no more cash left.
The point here is I did not make 200k annually right from day 1 of working, but only achieved this level nearer to mid 30s, so there is no way I can have the kind of cash balances that the folks here brag about, yet they are saying they make 200k a year income. (unless they are super high-flyers and drawing 6 figure annual salaries right from day 1 of work???)

You do the math, this is not rocket science, these guys are talking rubbish and blowing their own trumpet.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cheer up bro...
I am in the same boat as you...

And I am the SOLE BREADWINNER as my aged parents are retired and I am the only child..
Their savings dried up, but they manage to put me through university..
But a degree nowadays is so common and pay is being depressed significantly by FT..

Haizzzz..

I am also trying to survive amid super inflation and starting a family...
Whether the people here are being truthful in their incomes i don't know, i take that with a pinch of salt. But i can't deny i feel useless and wonder when on earth will i be able to attain such success or just be able to at least provide for my family and parents comfortably. Just into 1 year of work and i am starting to feel the strain.

Right now nothing will happen if i just wonder. For anybody just like me, i guess right now the only way is to be prudent in spending and save up for investments in future. Just be contented so I won't feel bitter all the time =P