Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Should i take up CSIT undergraduate scholarship?
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, I took on a full-ride scholarship back when I was in University. Upon graduation, I managed to receive job offers from quite a a few high paying tech firms. But.. guess what? The only think that held me back from pursuing a career with the big tech firms was the scholarship penalty. The compounded interest (10% per annum) was insane and I had to pay a lump sum of 100+k to break the bond. So... i ended up staying to serve the bond.

Anyway, I took on the scholarship in the first place because I came from a low income family so the scholarship was really essential and important to me back then. But I would advice u to really think long-term and find out your career goals. Ask yourself questions like - What is your career endgame goal? Is this scholarship going to help you in your career? Is CSIT going to help you achieve your goals? Will you be able to pay off the penalty if you find a better offer upon graduation?

Don't forget that CSIT offers a 2k monthly allowance scholarship benefit. If you add up the monthly allowance and your school fees, the total compounded bond amount is going to be insanely huge!
Hi, how long was your bond and did you leave after serving? Did you still have the same opportunities after serving the bond? Were the skills learnt from your bond marketable and transferrable to the private sector?