Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice
Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
beatit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issy View Post
Hi,

I am 31 yrs, working as a mechanical engineer in Company A for 5 years. Earning around 2.6k salary. This is my first job after my graduation and I am about to jump into another company samilar field but better career advancement.
So my worring point is the next jump (to company B or C) I am bout to take worth it? In terms of value.

Current Company A
Basic Salary : 2.6k (before CPF)
After allowance and overtime claims :3.3k (before CPF)
Pros : Workin for almost 5 yrs , your position is quite stable, all other claims are allowed (example : taxi fare, flight tix etc)
Cons : Frequent travel to overseas region onli when project is commencing but will be in singapore when there's no project & lodging is provided.
Notice period :3 monts

Company B
Basic salary : 3.5k
After allowance and overtime claim : cannot claim as all incurperated in the basic salary.
Pros : fresh entry, better career prospect, all other claims allowed (example : taxi fare, flight tix etc)
Cons : Need to be allocated overseas ,onli weekends are allowed to go back to Singapore & lodging is provided.
Notice period : willing to wait for 2 months

Company C
Basic salary : 2.9k (will confirm final figure next week)
After allowance and overtime claim : will confirm by next week.
Pros : fresh entry, better career prospect, claims (to be confirm by next week)
Cons : same as Company A objective.
Notice period : willing to buy out the clause of company A.

I hope you guys are able to advice me of my selections. In terms of salary if it is worth to join Company B or shall i wait for the offer of company C but do bear in mind that company A might also counter offer both company B and C.

Thanks.
Company B is a joke. Expect people to station overseas weekday and come back only during weekends and only 3.5k, some more all in no OT or allowance? All this inconvenience just for $200 extra compared to company A? I think you go for either A or C.