Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think liti is now the outlier when it comes to modern day developments in law firm partner remuneration. There's a reason why far more litigators leave big firms to set up their boutique firms than corp lawyers...its really eat what you kill and less dependent on the client's institutional relationship with the law firm. Case in point, DSC.

Talented litigators can make a lot even if they set up a shop in Chinatown, if they're known in the market as being good advocates (and with the benefit of not paying thru the nose for rental in some prime office space)

But liti is a more level playing field. The cream of the crop will be doing Senior Counsel work and commanding SC salaries, and the average ones maybe can barely get by comfortably after paying overheads and staff salaries.
so tldr if im the client, im really just there for partner tan ah kow SC and not the firm's name? makes sense

is there any situation where i go to a firm and just go, hay i need lawyer sia. and get assigned a partner