Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What qualifications do entry paralegals typically have? What’s the career progression thereafter
To be honest it varies. A lot of Temasek poly grads became paralegals. But I know for a fact some paralegals have degrees from Uols or some obscure overseas uk uni that no one knows about. I also know of relatively known firms that hire millennial (in their 20s) who do not have a proper poly cert but just an O level cert. most people think that you don’t have to look at experience and qualifications of paralegals or executives. But this is not true. Lawyers time are better spent than teaching someone who doesn’t even know and cannot cope with the basics. A Temasek poly grad will confirm fare better than someone who did not even complete poly. I’m referring to young people becoming paralegals. Obviously older one made up for it with experience. With regards to progression, paralegal is just paralegal/selfie’s/execs, I mean what u can expect is being exposed to diff areas of law or admins which will make job hopping easier in future. Don’t expect career progression, we are not lawyers. Got more experience and ask for higher pay