Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - UBS Financial Services Industry Academy
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Tips

I was from the 2020 SUPER batch as well and have left for an analyst role elsewhere.

The "type" of tasks/projects you will be assigned is highly dependent on your desk - I was very fortunate to be given the opportunity to work on projects / tasks similar to what full-timers do and propose ideas as well but I have heard of (many) desks that assigns purely administrative work to the trainees. For any analyst/associate role, admin/menial tasks are expected but it cannot be just that. My advice is to clarify with the interviewers and get them to provide examples of the projects/tasks you will be working on - I believe for the 2021 batch they will be more transparent.

I would be honest to tell you that conversion opportunities are super limited - there are many desks looking to take in a trainee w/o any headcount or plans to expand the team - so you can clarify with the interviewers as well (they may or may not be upfront with you so exercise your judgement) but just keep expectations low in general. Focus on learning as much as you can so you can be confident in articulating your skills and knowledge for your future interviews - and do actively apply in the meantime.

If you cannot secure a full-time offer 3-4 months into the program, my advice is to seek for rotation opportunities - you want to broaden and expand your knowledge and skill sets and this helps you to gain a better understanding of the business as well.