Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bonus is obviously called a bonus because it is a bonus right? Bonus means there will definitely be a possibility of 0 payout isnt it? Same with all other companies isnt it? If a company decides that bonus will definitely be more than 0 every single year, then come on why call it bonus? Just add that amount to the salary package itself can attract more people to join and retain people better right? Seriously i think the quality of thinking in this forum is utterly rubbish.
Some fiscal year when the company made alot of profit. Your bonus is also higher.
There was one year I got bonus up to 20k no joke. I was also surprised. Only to find out that company as a globallu made alot of profit that year....

But next year bonus down to less than 10k etc. So felt demotivated. But after working so long. Already learn to accept that bonus is not a reflection of hardwork.

So don't work hard expecting bonus. Should just work 50% effort. Enjoy work life balance and hope there is bonus.. That's the best outcome.

Othwerisr I have seen fresh grad who come and overtime etc. Work like slave. Still in the student mode. Work hard. Get good result. Get good bonus.

Working world don't work like that.
To benefit most. You need to appear to be working only during critical moment. And most of the time you need to pace yourself to avoid burn out.