Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

First of all, congrats! It's rare to be promoted to GEO4 from 3 in 2 years. This already shows your CEP has been raised at some point.

FLP is centrally managed. If your CEP is high and your performance has been good and your age hasnt hit a ceiling (which seems to be the case for you) , HR will certainly look for you if you continue this performance. No need to look for them

A good piece of evidence is that you are already at HQ. I assume this is a facilitated HQ posting (invited to apply for certain HQ postings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_cluelessguy View Post
Hi I would like to seek your advice on this:

A little background: I entered service in Dec 2016, the first batch of 16mths PGDE. Started my practicum Term 1 2018 and officially as trained teacher is Term 2 2018.
Male, completed NS.

Performance grade
2019: C (promoted to GEO 3 due to NS I guess)
2020: B
2021: A (promoted to GEO 4, as of April 2021)

I have read the forum and I am indeed lucky to have supportive RO and mentors who were willing to guide me and helped me along the way as a you g BT.

I have recently moved to HQ and got to know through some peers about the future leaders program (FLP). From what I understand, there were some scholars who were already automatically emplaced into the program.

Just wondering if there’s a chance for non scholars to join?

I have spoken with my RO and the response I am told was that it’s centrally managed by HR

As a young officer, I think I have tried my best to do my job welll in T&L as well as putting my students interests first. I think my grades does provide affirmation of the work I’ve done and I must be grateful that my school culture is a supportive one with nice mentors to guide me.

I’m passionate in what I do and I hope
I can continue to do so. I am also proactively taking charge of my own PD, which is why I am hoping to know what does FLP entails and whether can non scholars be part of it?

After reading the various recent thread, I know
Im considered very lucky to have been promoted and I’m also surprised that I got it as I know moving from GEO3 to 4 is not an easy one and really depends of having a good RO and school leaders.

Can anyone advice on the FLP? Should I try emailing HR?

Thanks!