Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm also October promotee. Female. My RO said promote in April or Oct also no difference. The salary adjustment related to promotion only comes in Oct so everyone who is promoted in that year (apr or oct) is actually the same. Just done in different batches or have to calculate YIS etc then April maybe some haven't reach the YIS.

Can anyone verify this statement? Those who have been promoted before in April can help to verify if the increment (not annual increment) only comes in at October?
Those promoted in April gets increment in April; those promoted in Oct gets increment in Oct if i’m not wrong.
Why different timing is coz of Years in Service.
In the past, there used to be two NIE batches- Jan batch and July batch.
Jan batch enters sch in Jan, so they will fulfil certain years in service before April Promotion.
July batch enters sch only in July, so they cannot fulfil years in service by April; hence the October promotion.
The promotions cater to the above scenarios too. Nowadays, most would enter the sch after practicum in March, so usually should be promotion in April. Of course, there are also those in PGDE PE, who enters only sometime in Term 3, so their promotion could be in October instead.