Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2021, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The norm for male teachers with NS, once you enter service (most of the time in mid year after your TP2), you will get promoted the following year Oct. It is considered a cohort/batch promotion for graduates with NS service. So e.g. if you entered Jun 2017, you will receive your promotion in Oct 2018 to GEO 3.

The only reason why your promotion will be held back, is because you committed something major which then postponed your probation period
Yea I think this is true. My school's new male teachers also all Oct promotion. There were a few female teachers promoted in Oct also instead of April (one is ahead of her batch though. None of her batchmates are promoted yet). I think maybe they come in 6-month blocks where the cut-off for recommendation is on a certain date. Then once they clear a batch of promotees, they then decide on the next batch. So maybe it really has got to do with CEP, age etc. Anyway the delay is not big. Just 6 months. To people at the lower grades it may seem very long. But there are people stuck at GEO 3 or GEO 4 for more than 5 years. You will see that this 6 months is nothing.