Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just received news that my promotion is in Oct. I came in with other teachers, but I’m the only one in Oct. Spoken to my RO and P but gave the same reasons, age, cep, grading etc etc etc. Same old things that I already know.

But honestly, I did more work than the others. Just felt unfair that life’s like that. Not that they’re not my peers but why me?

And what are the implications for promoting in Oct?

Got so upset over it, I was pulled to do department work during practicum already while the others focused on their prac. But yet, I’m in this situation...
I understand how you feel. I did more on my practicum year compared to others too so I was also disappointed when I found out I was not getting promoted with the others who I entered the school with. I heard it really depends on your RO / KP etc. Got some other teacher in my department and I see she so slack, misses meetings and workshops and when she actually is in there she sleeping sia. She was also absent so many days last year but still promoted ahead of me. She wayang la so maybe people up there like her so during ranking they confirm fight for her like siao.

So demotivated. Did all those hard work for what.