Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2021, 06:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Paper qualifications say little about your competence: for legal practice, and for any other industry.

I've seen some really dumb people with smart credentials, and some really smart people with plebian credentials. In fact the school you come from means little. And I say this from my Ivory tower - I consider myself fortunate.

Please don't ever, ever cast aspersions on others and say someone from a delisted school got in by connections or looks. This reeks of your sense of entitlement, i.e. someone from a delisted school is in a big firm. I, hailing from my "Ivory tower", cannot get in. Therefore, that person got in through matters not related to competence. It is neither nice nor welcome.

Let me adopt some trainee speak for you:

Inter alia, people need to grow up and stop comparing pieces of paper. This is nugatory. The posts above raise the rebuttable presumption that this forum is full of trainee trolls.

This forum is for lawyers, not trainees. Please start a Trainee Salary Forum for your needs. Oh, and please print the contract precedents for me.
Glad to see. As an incoming trainee at an firm with lao jiao mentalities (or atleast perceived to be) this is some nice confirmation bias.