Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just two cents worth from an ex teacher. After leaving teaching I am so much happier in my new job. It’s not just the tasks which the earlier poster mentioned. It’s just a general sense that in school, principal and their SMC power players are king, and they take everything very personally. While they think they are always right, doing a noble job, etc etc, they go and perpetuate issues stemming from their own bias and personal vendetta. This is the problem. After 20 years of being in an environment where they think they are always right, even the most normal person will become a judgmental and egoistic leader.

Quite a number of ppl from my PGDE batch have since left, and we are all much happier for it. Speaking of turnover, the turnover is super high at my ex school, reflecting the lousy leadership, but unfortunately MOE will never factor this into their assessment and these lousy leaders will go from school to school every 5 years and making other teachers’ lives miserable.
So true, a lot of useless HODs and SH and VPs around.

Good ones left, and only the super useless ones are left behind... All only know how to arrow and talk big, then when come to doing work, all run and ask ppl to share the load, nv see them share the pay.......