Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"dun have time I take the chance they will complain"

Ok you win lah. BTW how much you get paid for your excellent EBM ICE consult?

Wonder if your pte clinic can survive pay rent and staff purely
i dun think so lei. I thought about going private, and i have no serious idea how to survive.
Rent 8k, 2 staff total 5k, even toilet auntie need to pay. utilities, gloves, even urine dipstick, computer system.
Havent see any patient fix cost about 15K per month liao. I earn 25 buck per patient my first 600 patient per month no earnings. Realistically with 24 day work month , my first 25 patient no earnings. Next 25 patient net me 15K salary. I dont think i can hit 75 patients a day to earn 30K. Got money no life to spend. No cpf, CME i settle myself, insurance i settle myself, bloody hell, even PC every 2 years 900 bucks i need to pay myself. No annual leave, no MC. Wife give birth no hospital cover, no health insurance. Must work evenings.

Yikes!

Life not easy for private GPs.
TPA takes such a big cut, patient have so many choices. Ya, u at the mercy of the customers and the blood suckers TPA. No wonder so cynical having to lower yourself to make ends meet. I sincerely apologise. You are truly the backend MC provider of the SG health system.

Nah , I think i hide in my polyclinic , scold my residents and fail the lousy gdfmers more easy life. Maybe one day senior enuff to fail the m.med exam takers or grill them jialat jialt at the 40 cases viva.. haha. Miserable 2-3% annual increment that cant cover inflation. 55 years old get psy letter state overwork then ask for part time ,work 3 days a week and start spending the money i take out from my cpf.