Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - No progression in civil service...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You all are wrong. Opportunities don't go to scholar because they are scholar...

Opportunities go to people who behave like scholar. They go above and beyond. They work longer hours.
They innovate. They self improvement. They work hard.

Scholars get better grade than normal student not cause they smart or privileged or entitled.
It's cause they work hard at something they put their mind at it and achieve a result.

That's really what company want... Someone to drive the company to produce result.
And that mindset... Of a scholar... Is really only there in scholars...

Non scholars mindset are usually I want 10 k and I don't want to have to do anything for it.
Scholars mindset is I will go out find that business. Close that deal. If got this hurdle, I'll go find a solution. And when I succeed, I should be rewarded..

Farmer just want to throw seed, water plants and expects it grows.
Scholar source for the best seed or the most efficient seed, then find ways to improve productivity, or being value use the farm as fish pond or connect the farm to a road for easy access etc...

That's why farmer will always be a farmer. Because that's all they want to do.
Scholars will always be a scholar. Because they don't accept average as norm..

What happens when scholar fail? They fall apart. What happens when farmer success? They rise...
Hence the argument of scholar or non scholar. Is not based on whether you win a scholarship 20 years ago in your JC. But whether you have the drive and tenacity to get what you want by working hard.

Creating value for the company. Instead of just following instructions and farm and farm.
So yep. Get good.
i think the next pt you should also add is

if one feels he is being short changed why still continue to whine and stay there 🤷*♂️