Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - a sad day for engineering
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my personal experience and observations: Yes, startups like to hire cheap workers from India and Asean region. These are what I call mid-range jobs. Even for higher-end jobs like those in banking IT, if you get an Indian as CEO, CIO or head of something (thanks to our government's excellent pro-foreign talent policies), do you think he'll not hire more Indians? They can talk about anti-discrimination all they want, but take a walk in Changi Business Park and Marina Bay Financial Centre and you'll know the truth.

Yes, you should get out this place while you're still young.
Frankly once you seen enough of this, you will get numb or immune to it. Personally I work in Changi Biz Park and seen more than my fair share of such discrimination whereby once u let a black in, sooner or later the whole dept will be filled with black just like the chinese game weiqi.

My advise, migrate. just like our forefathers who come to SEA to escape the hardship in China. The process is the same just that today we are much more lucky than them due to technological advancement. Come to think of it, things go round in a circle hahaha

Rich singaporeans already starting to migrate to other countries like Aussie or New Zealand. Ordinary folks like us can either marry a foreign wife and use that as a way to migrate or invest in other countries (provided you got the money).

Anyway work hard, save some money, invest wisely, do some side businesses (I know same old advise) and get the FXXX out of here. Singapore is getting smelly each day. hahaha