Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Verified Member

aimless74 is on a distinguished road

hi ,

for my case, i left sgp because the engineering on consumer electronics is not doing well at all, high development cost while consumer want cheaper electronics, so it does not seem to gel together at all.

i had attachment in US/EU before with engineer, they are paid well but they
also have high tax and of cse they are also strong union as well as they got social benefit. i was in EU, my france counterpart, he was on constant contract and the company gave him a car and also if he is to be retrenched he will be paid 24 mths compensation. so technically they dont job hopping much.

for SGP, influx of cheaper talents coming to the shore help to bring the cost down and as a SGPean we got our own life and overheads to worry while those from a lower living cost countries can survive in SGP.

may some people reading this thread can share more, this is what i had encountered as a engineer

regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why are engineers paid so badly in Singapore and yet are paid so well in other countries. In no other country have I heard that engineers are barely living on ends meet as compared to other occupations.

Last edited by aimless74; 27-08-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: extra