Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - a sad day for engineering
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymemore View Post
i hold a degree in engineering, with plenty of portfolio in software engineering. told my prospective employer that i can code in anything from andriod to apple devices to java. they were impressed with my engineering skills despite having no professional experiences. this is because, i am currently in the finance sector.

i asked my fellow course mates who are in this line, they are all paid at least 3 to 3.6k. so i requested for 3.5k and promised to work ot, weekends and to drive their sales. apps on the store can easily earn their revenue and a good mobile programmer definitely cost much higher.

however, they told me they can offer no more than 3k. i am currently drawing 3.3k in finance back-office, a comfortable and stress-free administrative environment with no ot. i think it makes no sense to do a job switch back. are andriod/apple programmers so dis-respected in the market? it's no wonder that sg engineers are facing sad times.
Why do you want to switch from finance sector to engineering? Stay in the bank and move around within banking.