Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Verified Member

aimless74 is on a distinguished road

hi,
i did manage to pick up android deve while i was working 3 yrs ago
it was 1.6 (initial version), i had helped the company made the first protoyping of tablet and powering it up. it was meant for OEM/ODM business.
currently i dont know what to do freelacning or consulting. as u know there are many freeware and developers around.
u developed software products? by contract ?
i support in whatever u are doing and in the end it is your effort that make the million mark. i too is searching for a path/career which i can see the light to million mark but right now the setback of finding a job again, it just look unreachable for me at the moment.

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
While searching for jobs, try to also pick up iOS or Android development, and start freelancing (or "consulting") - who knows you may hit jackpot this way.

I myself am building multiple streams of income through software products (mobile and web), giving tuition and doing adjunct teaching.

Already left my IT job in a bank. I wasn't retrenched. I left because I realize there's a limit to career advancement and job security is not 100%, though I was well paid (by your definition). And I was a little ambitious in wanting to be a business owner and hopefully make a few million dollars before I get too old (don't laugh). Fortunately, I'm now reaching about 60-70% of last drawn pay, with more streams of income in the pipeline.

I'm same age as you. Good luck!