Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Architect Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2011, 05:12 AM

Architektur is on a distinguished road

I guess the Architect's salary market is getting lower and lower. And if we ask too high, they'd get foreign people. So how do we solve this?

It's true what the previous poster said,
"Architects around, let's not allow the profession to slide because of our submissiveness to employers' unreasonable demands."

If we want it to happen, EVERYBODY have to do it...

I think some just dont realise that they actually low balled. But sometimes, they just cant risk not getting a job just because their asking salary is too high.

I think it's about time someone makes a point that with this amt of rewards we get (monetary and work-life balance) and the amt of hours we spend in the office, quality of life deteriorate and quality of work gets affected. And then, you'll get people discouraging fresh graduates to change course and crush their dreams. (which might in turn increase the market because there are a shortage of architects out there....)

I dont think that's the way lol. And the fact that I see they are actually taking in more and more students in Singapore Polytechnic (Not sure of NUS) so im guessing, one day, being an "Architect" would mean nothing.

I'm not trying to have that childish attitude, whining about architcture to be an "exclusive" job.... but the fact that we are designing for people to live in, I think that plays an important part in the fabric of society...

I don't know how to explain it further.. I think some might understand.

But hey! What does a fresh graduate knows! Haha.

But this is how i see it has turned out to be...