Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Agents make A LOT of Money
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
I always find this Singaporean obsession with property investment very unhealthy and illogical.....I would like to remind you that our country is not a going concern....if you are accounting trained you would know what I mean......Singapore may not be around 100 years from now, or even 50 years, we are too small and the population is going down....we may be a one time hit miracle that's all, so if you sink so much money into houses, are you they would be worth anything 50 years from now???

the conventional argument is always land is scarce here so property investments would not go wrong, the favorite tagline from developers and agents.....what if there is no more Singapore in 50 years???
Why "the population is going down"? Our population is going up, not going down, with a target of 6.5 million.

Singapore changed hands 4 times in the past hundred years from British to Japanese to British to Malaya to Singapore. Property is still much safer, relatively speaking, than keeping banana notes or shares of The East India Company or gold bars under your bed.