Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Agents make A LOT of Money
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Millionaire Member

Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_Making sense View Post
No one (all Singaporeans) is behaving like monkey, unless u admit being one . It is just like getting a "good" school for your kids. Who doesn't want the best for their lives.

Seriously, do all you guys pay 30 yrs mortgages? I believed some will move on after a few years, or you will repay the loan amounts as soon as possible, who wants to pay interest (extra) to banks.

Who can finance his mortgage for rest of his life? Come on, you can too ask who can finance his car loan for 5 yrs? Every person need to work by hook or by crooks. We need to work for some purpose, either to get a HDB flat, or private residential. Without hopes, who will work hard. Basic common sense.

If you can predict correction, then all properties analyst can sit down and shake legs and let you do the talking. Please have a more macro view of the economy. Some economies are not doing well, some are keep it up. You need to look at investors in channeling their funds for investment. Singapore has a good ratings (bonds market), and many investors are looking at how we perform. And foreign investors are increasingly investing in Singapore properties. Look on the bright side, interest rate is historically low, where else can you park your $$$.

Ha ha, be more optimistic. No risk no gain. Do you expect to work for all your life?
I basically dont know what you are talking about....I talk about A and your response is B.
I am telling u Silly-poreans are over-leveraged on properties. They throw caution to the wind and heap up on property loans to finance expensive property purchases, because they follow the crowd and believe property is the best investment and prices would keep rising. That is what everybody is saying, especially property developers, agents and analysts, so these buyers dont give a damn about the affordability issues.

My friend is working in a big bank in the housing loans application department. She has got the best view. She is saying the way house buyers are stretching themselves to the limit for big mortages is sowing the seeds for big troubles soon....of course the bank is willing to lend to you as long as you have a job now.....when you cant pay, they just re-possess the house and wait for market conditions to improve to offload, no loss to them at all

Since you are so bullish and think the party would not end, good luck to you. A word of advice: If you invest in property based on advice of property analysts, you are courting for trouble. They should be the last person you listen to, all of them have vested interests...