Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Agents make A LOT of Money
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered_Making Sense

Thanks for the advice. Of course anyone whom are into investments, should have emergency funds. So long as one be prudent when times are bad. Also, for whatever investment, I always tell myself, "what if" this happen, that happens, can I still sustain the mortgage? Such big investment may not be for the faint hearted. Ha ha.

However, what's left from me will go to my family eventually, so long it is not "debt".

Some people just need the "motivation" to move on, for me, properties in Singapore is always a safe investment, looking at the size of our nation, what else do we have. To leverage, you need maximize your return, ultimately we all work for a better future. A person does not buy properties to live in, but to maximize his income and thereby getting passive income (rental) out of it. It is quite straight forward for my stand point. ha ha.

New home owner should go for brand new HDB (BTO) as a start, it will form bases for your future investment portfolio. Imagine how many percent your flat will worth after 10 years . Single should get themselves a small HDB flat or apartment, rather them renting a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion.

My only advice to you is to have sufficient emergency funds and don't over commit yourself. We all hope for the best, but we must also prepare for the worst.