Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which companies pay cpf portion to foreigners?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 04:51 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum 15% tax rate applies only if the foreigner works in Singapore for less than 183 days. A "non-tax resident" is quite different from a non-PR.

Here's the definition of a tax resident from IRAS:

" Income tax rates depend on an individual's tax residency status. You will be treated as a tax resident for a particular Year of Assessment (YA) if you are a:

Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who resides in Singapore except for temporary absences; or

Foreigner who has stayed / worked in Singapore (excludes director of a company) for 183 days or more in the year preceding the YA.

Otherwise, you will be treated as a non-resident of Singapore for tax purposes. "

Ah - yes, i agree. So the scenario being referred here is
Non singaporean but getting singaporean income tax rates AND getting singapore full employer CPF and ee CPF contribution.
And the concept that the take home pay by the non singaporean is "higher"

Got it and that part - i agree. There should be more dis-incentive for non resident singaporean in terms of income tax..but i guess there are also treaties to take into account etc etc.

if anyone really wants to compare all the benefits , maybe refer to the government sponsored webpage :

https://www.guidemesingapore.com/bus...-and-drawbacks