Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with this advice. Ask your boss whether got new project / technology / process etc coming up in the next 1-2 years. If there are new technologies or processes, check if there are courses for you to go. If no, just tahan doing the current projects and processes until you are certain nothing else to learn. After that can start to look around for new opportunities.
Nah this advice is the worst advice.
My colleague recently shared with me that his staff under him wanted to transfer to another team etc cause he prefer a different environment etc.

Guess what happened? My colleague blacklist him. Bluff him stay for 1 year to learn...
Then gave him bad performance to give him low increment and don't give him chance to transfer.

People hire you to do the job. Go thru so many obstacles.. Then you want to be transferred to another more glamorous department... Use us as stepping stone.

Boss hate it when their staff keep asking for pgoreaa etc. Nobody can give you extra bonus la. It's all pre determined. Nobody wants to do the job.

Only fresh grad all excited want high pay fast etc. Thinking do more means more pay.
Only those seniors know "don't want more work, you can give me less increment I'm fine."