Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineering and Technology Careers are Not Valued - Singapore is "High Cost Low Tech"
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Nicholas---

Default 1766

PE, I totally agree with your comments. I am a strong believer of the supply and demand theory. From a personal and selfish point of view, I am very happy to see friends and many people giving up on engineering and trying out their luck in the banking sector. I mean, don't even hesitate. Just go for the glamour and glittering career in the banking sector. I look forward to the day when there are a shortage of engineering talents and people like myself will reap the benefits. And at the rate of talent depletion in engineering, I believe that the day is not too far off. I truly enjoy seeing the high oil price environment and I still get to enjoy relatively comfortable salary at a relatively low stress working environment. So to all the students who despise engineers and want to put on your branded ties and cuff links bankers wanna be, pls go all out to pursue your dreams. Good luck!