Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Prices Have Crashed (see graph)
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Both of you are jokers!
The joker who said property prices can only go up and up is delusional. History has shown the cyclical nature of property prices. What goes up must come down and vice versa.
The sad joker who tried to sound intelligent by expounding a little bit of market jargon is obviously a non starter - it is safe, easy and terribly cliche to say "it is only a matter of when". When you wait long enough, even the dinosaurs become extinct, and they lived for many million years before that happened
There is no value add in your comment at all. All you are saying is property markets go up and they go down, with no view either way. That adds nothing to the discussion.

All I'm saying is : look at the objective numbers. things are overpriced. At least I have a view and I back my view up with facts. that's how u make an informed decision.

Now the question is how you can profit from that view? Do you actively go out and short property counters like capitaland and cdl? Well no, cos history says that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent. So since timing of correction is unknown, you wait until the correction happens, then you go in and look to profit from the upswing.

So in other words, you need to have a view on both direction and timing before you are in a position to determine the optimal strategy.

The question then is - do YOU have a view or are u just a passive spectator?