Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think this line is unfair. When you are faced with a management with no technical knowledge whatever you do is wrong. That's already first impression gone.

Want to play the game, yes, with new management with new mindset. Most of the management are there for at least a good 15-20 years. Their perceptions are already moulded. Without knowledge and a flexible mindset, only those who fits the mould get the promotion.

My previous bosses like to say things like "you are already the lead" or "you are the senior here" but never once promoted anyone.

As I have stressed, not all divisions are equal. If a division of over 40-50 people only the same 2 to 3 people kept getting promotion, I think really there is something wrong.
Pet get promoted cause bosses have worked with them for so long.
Why would boss promote someone new. Untested and have never worked with him.

Promoting a new guy instead of old will upset the old loyal staff.
Promoting only old guy instead of new will upset new staff..

Most other company... Promotion is really really really based on years.
You worked here 3 years. Auto become senior role already.
Not. Decided by directors one....
This company don't know HR.

EVERY ORHER COMPANY YOU WORKED A CERTAIN NUMBER OD YEARS YOU ARE PMEOTOED.

YOU ARE NOT STILL A FRESH GRAD AFTER WORKING FOR 4 to 5 years.

Those on top promoted to be the lead or the principal engineer. Well ofc it have to be based on skills. Not number of years. Why promoted someone who never designed a railway system to be a principal engineer just because he stayed in this company for 10 years?

If someone new can come in and design and make the system work fault tolerance...
That new guy deserve to be promoted. Cause that guy is doing the principal engineer work.

The promotion scheme in this company is brainless. Based on dictatorship and. It merit.
For a country that stresses on meritocracy, this company favor favoritism and loyalty.