Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - PhD salary
Thread: PhD salary
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am amazed by your post. Shouldn't a research have an open mind? Why would people act maliciously just because you have a PhD?

I don't think the first thing that comes the mind of colleagues I worked with, is that I am a PhD. Earn your colleagues' respect by showing that you're worth your salt and I am sure they would give you yours.

As for interviews, how do you know that the hiring manager does not have a PhD? If the reason they don't hire you is because of your PhD, why would they waste their time to even interview you? Some decisions not to hire were not due to their PhD, but their comm skills or expectations.
PhD Big ****.

everywhere you go now there are PhD holders. Stay in education where you belong and leave the other jobs in 'unrelated' fields to those with BSc and MSc.

there are too many PhD holders now, taking jobs ranging from research to corporate functions and it's driving down our salaries and progressions.

if you have a PhD in Engineering, you should stay in Engineering where you BELONG.