Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nonsense.
I'm M2 principal engineer been with the company for 12 years
This is the conversation I have with my senior manager division head who been here for 18 years

Boss: this year the candidate all asking price so high.
Me: yes.
Boss: you sure want to hire this guy? He first class honours. They won't stay here long. Will jump to dsta or anything.. Use us as stepping stone. Also very hard to manage fch.
Me: nod.
Boss : this one how? Second upper also can. Asking price also lower. Take this la. Then we can groom him.
Me: okay
Ever ask yourself why they will jump? u think only fch will jump and second upper won't jump? what kind of management mentally is that? must be some problem with the company right? thats why people jump? never identify root of problem and solve it, yet hoping hiring second upper will solve the problem. what kind of lousy management strategy is this?

Ever heard of people leave managers not companies? is because of your lousy management skills that's why people are leaving. don't blame people for asking high price and leaving. blame yourself for cannot manage them well and yet want to be a manager.

Very hard to manage fch? i bet you guys are just afraid of them overtaking you. Can't manage well and CMI technical skills. seen a FCH 6 years M2, exactly half of your time.

upgrade your management skills and technical skills. don't go the cheaper and easier way out. that's why ST been losing so much talents nowadays.