Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2020, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually, I think it boils down to individual. To be honest, you can balance your workload if you work smart. If you have to sacrifice your health like sleeping only 5 hours a day and work over the weekend, then I think you have not learnt how to work smart. You can be an effective and efficient worker. Don’t always equate hard work = good work.
I beg to differ. It very much depend on sch culture too, and whether it is pri/sec/jc. If your sch/SLs advocate a working culture where everyone works till late to meet targets, it is pointless no matter how smart you work. Working hard is very much ingrained in our SG culture to say the least, sad to say.

For you to make such a passing remark, I can safely assume it is either you are not in teaching or you are in teaching but are very focused on targets but do not do more or anything extra for your students. It is often seen in teaching that the ones who chase targets are the efficient and effective workers, but the hard workers are actually the ones who put in more effort for their students and they are the ones that truly make a difference in their students' lives.