Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How dare you talk about work life balance when you are so young? When I started working I never saw the sun. In the office before sunrise, out of office at night. Always be in before your boss and leave the office after your boss leaves, no matter how late, even if it means past midnight. Focus on your work only, hours are important. Do not show your emotions even if there is personal or family crisis at home as this is professionalism. I enforce the same standards strictly on all staff under me.
Why not? And why do you assume that I am young or that all has been sunshine and rosy my entire life? Not every fresh grad goes through the direct path of Sec>JC>Uni FYI. I worked my ass off through the entirety of my polytechnic education, and part-timed during university. Also worked full time for a year of internship as part of a work-study program with fair amount of OT. It is really damn tiring to utilize every single cell in your brain for 12-16 hours a day on ends especially in the IT field.

I wish you all the best, but I really am not just looking for a 'rosy' path in life. As long as I have options I will do my best to evaluate them and make an informed decision. This has nothing to do with being picky. I've thrown out hundreds of resumes and done countless of interviews and assessments not just to pick the first offer available just because life should be hard and I should purposely throw myself to sharks teeth for the sake of knowing how hard it could be.