Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How dare you talk about work life balance when you are so young? When I started working I never saw the sun. In the office before sunrise, out of office at night. Always be in before your boss and leave the office after your boss leaves, no matter how late, even if it means past midnight. Focus on your work only, hours are important. Do not show your emotions even if there is personal or family crisis at home as this is professionalism. I enforce the same standards strictly on all staff under me.
I may be a fresh grad but that does not mean I have not been 'exposed to the sun'. Not every fresh goes through the life of Sec>JC>Army>Uni>Work. I've worked the entirety of my polytechnic life and part time for 3 years of university, with a 1 year full-time internship exposure working 8-6 with lots of OT. It is truly tiring to use every single cell of your brainpower for 12-16 hours a day sustaining on kopi-o kosong.

I sincerely wish you all the best, but for me, as long as there are options available, I would like to make my decision informed and based on the amount of workload that I want to handle or go through. Thanks for your input anyway.