Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

You are not alone.

I remembered after i sold my business and attempted to go back into the workforce. I applied for more than 400 jobs with no response.

I became dejected and will avoid social functions as it became tiring to keep avoiding questions and even if I did respond, it will always end up in an awkward situation.

How to get out of this? put very simply, you have to try to brace up. Get back into your network, and look for opportunities again.

True enough after awhile with Gods blessings, slowly interviews came in, and i had the chance to attend interviews. Of cos there will be idiotics hiring managers who look down on your pass employment records (here is where i can never understand, dun ask a candidate why he is jobless and plode so deep la, its not as if we wanted right?!)

Very soon after 2 years, finally someone gave me a chance! so yes, have to restart again. Be contented, start your social network. Do a sport, join friends again. Get into the circle of friends who shares the same hobbies and develop more interest in whatever you had wished to do but didnt get the chance because of your financial challenges previously!

Stay positive and things will slowly shape up.

When you are ready, start to do volunteer work and give back. Helping others also helps yourself too! Cheers!