Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Please advise on my career path plan
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Verygd

Default Very gd already

Quote:
Originally Posted by seablue View Post
As an insurance agent, i earned about $5k/month after expanses (above average only for a newbie actually).

As an housing agent, i earned about $7k/month.

Yes, i plan to get a degree 1st, mainly only because in case i switch company, any decent job require me to have a degree, i cannot be 100% sure that i will stay employed forever in current company.

MBA is a plan to lead regionally (SEA) for my current company, as i am now considered a pioneer in my company in SEA and i wish to be better equip for better career advancement either in current/future company. But you are right, who knows i the future?
Hi, when you say you make 7k per mth previously, you mean that's the average you make over the good and bad mths after expenses? (i.e. some mths you'll make lesser than 7k, and some mths you'll make more than that) Also, do your figures include employer's CPF contribution? Becos you have to discount 15% of your pay (from the 7k) if you don't get any CPF contribution from your ex-company. This will make a more meaningful comparison with your current pay of 3k which hasn't factored (i guess) in the 15% CPF contribution from your boss.

If you really make on average per mth 7k after expenses, employee and employer's CPF contribution, i suggest you should go back to property and continue to do well there and at the same time, you still can pursue your degree since your time is more flexi and you can save up more money in this job. After you complete your degree, you can switch job if you wish to. My opinion is you focus on achieving all this first, before thinking about the MBA. One step at a time.

I would say 3k basic excluding commission is very good pay for a diploma holder. Though i think it's better to stick with the property job since I've personally experienced taking a pay cut and it doesn't feel very good.

Good luck!