Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You sure ac life tougher than mo?
Yes.
reg is busy but always got people oversight you.
AC is u are independent. It's like the duck paddling furiously under the water while top appears calm.
Con is when u know what is happening and more experienced, so u more chill.

To the jaded HO, that's normal.
You are suffering from burnt out, very common. Possibly depressed too. Esp in sg, however becuase sg med takes in only the brightest and best, few seldom totally crack or show signs of cracking externally.

I suggest talking to your pastoral care guy in Ur health group to seek some help.

Haha, I don't know why FM is seen as the ,' oh I cannot make it elsewhere ,let me go do FM , so I can have a normal life ' kind of speciality.
What you are talking about is GP , if so, complete your bond , get your gdfm, and find an anchor position in one of the GP group.
True FM as practiced in the polyclinic or community hospital is as vigorous as any speciality.
M.med family med is like your mbbs exam X 5 standard.
Polyclinic work not easy. It's either high numbers like 50 walk in a day with increasingly complex cases from the 1 month old baby to the 100 year old dying to dealing with idiots with hba1c in the double digits.
I really miss those come in geng MC NSF a lot.

Also, to the guy who spam about only treating high ses people, may God bless your soul. There are indeed irritating asswipes everywhere. Try not to dwell on them. My job is to get them out of the room asap without complaints and hope they die a terrible diabetic death with their limbs rotting with maggots. May God save my soul too. But I think there are those who truly benefit from me helping them. All I need is one auntie to say thank you, ask for my name and ask if I can see her again next time to brightness my day.