Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SMU Fresh Grads Make $4k to $10k
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2008, 02:19 PM
wait and wait---

Default 1663

Whatever,

I apologise if you are offended with my comments. Please don't take it personal. Anyway I understand that a person's salary is a very sensitive issue, and "F«¦TƦS+ñµäƒµâà".

You have your view that $3.5k TODAY is enough. I respect it. I have my view that $3.5k TODAY is not enough. And very far away to make it to the national newspapers to be glorified. So it's fair.

I never did say Uni education is wasteful. Salary aside, one can learn many other things in Uni. But here at salary.sg we are discussing about salary alone, aren't we? And I am only commenting about the salary portion. If one earned $3.5k and keep quiet and be humble about it, it's perfectly fine. But earning $3.5k to be proudly glorified in the national newspapers for the world to see? The earners are not wrong, SPH and the journalist is.

You are right, there may be potential increments. There can also be potential paycuts. Fair? Remember SARS? 911? 97 crisis?

It's ok if you don't agree, since its meant to be a discussion. If you are offended, I apologise again. Cheers!