Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for this. What's the transition like? What skills are cross-applicable, if any? Any quantitative skills (statistics, accounting etc) required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I made the decisive choice and heeded for the financial consultancy industry after law. I was lucky enough to find a right mentor and I was introduced to many clients while learning during the job.

Financial consultancy is akin to starting up your own business. You are an entrepreneur but yet hold on to the stability of employment and a regular pay cheque. It’s not easy, you have to plan schedules, meetings, learn and talk to people with real problems. In law you are always shut out by the firm and honestly you don’t get to grow. Your clients (be it private or institutional) respect you like crazy because you are the one planning and managing their wealth.

I honestly will advocate consultancy in finance. The pay will increase significantly once you have learned the ropes. My mentors are driving Porsche and lambos, and that is only possible because they made the right career choice as early as their 20s. I can safely say my pay rose to at least five digit per month within my first two years. Open up your mind a little.