Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2020, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hear Hear! Agree with all of the above. Adding my experience:

Dhvani Doshi from Hays - Told me about a role and when I asked about the hiring partner, send me random partner's profile that clearly does different area of work. Also bluff me about the salary and said confirm higher than where I am. I gave her a fake high figure to test her and she still say yes that place will pay more...

Kate Chang from Recruit Legal - Can totally ghost you after putting you the application.

Emily Tan from Formative Search - Never spoke before. I do see her posts on LinkedIn from time to time. One fine day, out of the blue, she LinkedIn message me to ask if I got friends from XYZ practice group (and I am from ABC practice group).

Many more....

We should really band together and put out comments out there (for better or worse). Its like at work we are client's dog, then when we are the client, we also kena treated like dog. Not sure why all recruiters all think we are stupid.

Any interest in a dedicated thread or online compendium?
Honestly I'd find this really helpful.. but how can you prevent recruiters from badmouthing other firms or from propping up their own firm, unless you get people to show proof of some sort (that they are legitimate lawyers/students who utilised such services in the past).